- You walk down the Main Street and the store owners are cleaning up their store fronts!
- You walk down the Main Street and the new Band Shell is being built and ready for May!
- The Main beach is still littered with branches from winters storms, but the beach looks good.
- Everyone is trying to get their lawnmowers working.
- The lawns are getting rolled and fertilizer is being unloaded.
- So it is officially SPRING here in Grand Bend!!! Come out to the beach and watch the activity.
Sunday, April 17, 2016
Friday, April 8, 2016
860 homes sold in March, up 11.8% over March 2015, making last
month the best March since 2006 – a good two years before the Global Financial
Meltdown caused markets across North America to falter. "March 2016 may
have come in like a lamb, says Stacey Evoy, 2016 President of the London and
St. Thomas Association of REALTORS®, "but, as far as home sales go, it
went out like a lion." Year-to-Date, sales are up 10.8%.
1,579 homes were listed in March, down 1.7%, and Active Listings End of Period – or inventory – was down 16.6%. "Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation predicts that 2016 will see more sales than listings," says Evoy. "If you are thinking about listing your house, this is the kind of market you’ll want to take advantage of."
The average price for a detached home Year to Date stood at $291,281 up 3.2%, while the average price for a condo over the same period stood at $192,619, up 1.5%. The average price of all homes sold through LSTAR's MLS® Year to Date stood at $271,920 up 2.8%.